List:       9fans
Subject:    Re: [9fans] python/perl from contributed packages
From:       Abhey Shah <as234 () york ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2006-10-31 10:30:58

I came across something similar when installing latex. The installer
uses replica/pull and assumes you can write to the /n/kfs disk.
Since newer plan 9 installs are fossil based to get around it I
disabled permissions checking (by using fossil/conf /dev/sdC0/fossil to
get the configuration and then adding -AWP and doing fossil/conf -w
/dev/sdC0/fossil and reboot) and then copied the tex file that
replica/pull uses and  did s|/n/kfs|/|.
Check what the installer does.

Abhey