List:       9fans
Subject:    [9fans] authentication failed...
From:       plan9fans () ntlworld ! nospam ! com
Date:       2004-03-31 22:04:21

Hi,

To recap, I am trying to install a single
Auth/CPU/Fossil/Venti/secstore server. When I boot
the machine loads ther kernel, secstore seems OK, but when
I enter my username and password I get an error
and the kernel panics.

I re-checked everything and now when I boot I get a
different error message, though I admit I have seen
this one before during my many attempts:

	authentication failed (auth_proxy write fd: uname:
uid 'write' not found), trying anyway.

I can see the error message is from fossil
/sys/src/cmd/fossil/9user.c:89 but where the username
'write' comes from I have no idea.

I am running a pccpuf kernel on the server, and 9pc on
the terminal with no significant modifications.

Help!

-Steve