List:       9fans
Subject:    [9fans] init:starting /bin/rc, and then it freezes
From:       justin () haynes ! net
Date:       2000-11-27 9:40:15

Sorry about my post asking about the NE2000 card.  I found the fix for
that on the errata page later, but I installed locally anyway.

I went ahead and chose to makeboot a floppy and a win9x partition.  They
both work for booting plan9 but when I log in as glenda, with now
password, I get:

root is from (il, local)[local!#S/sdC0/fs]:
user[none]: glenda
password:
kfs...boot: nop...time...

init: starting /bin/rc

...and then the machine responds to absolutely nothing.

any ideas?

Thanks,

Justin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/