List:       9fans
Subject:    Re: [9fans] OpenGL
From:       "Russ Cox" <rsc () plan9 ! bell-labs ! com>
Date:       2000-08-21 14:51:46

Neither the Matrox nor the 3DFX chips are particularly
well supported at the moment.  A few people have
mumbled on the list about getting the G400 working.

I've got a reimplementation of most of the graphics stuff
slated for this fall; one of my goals is broader, cleaner
card support.

The G200 and G400 are on my wish list and I have the
necessary hardware documentation but I don't have
easy access to either card, so no promises.  If someone
were interested in writing a driver, I'd be happy to
help him or her along.

I think the Rage 128 supports OpenGL in full, and
that's on the wish list too, probably before the Matrox
(I have access to a Rage 128).

Neither of those currently works though, so you
still have a problem for ``now''.  The Diamond Stealth III S540
(an S3 Savage4-based card) might have OpenGL, and if
it does is worth a shot.  We actually support that card
(I'm using one at the moment) unaccelerated, and
acceleration is high on my list.  It will be the first
card I work on.

Russ