List:       9fans
Subject:    Re:  trouble with authentication
From:       Steve Kotsopoulos <steve () ecf ! toronto ! edu>
Date:       1994-12-21 14:53:54

Andre.Suhr@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de (Andre Suhr) wrote:
> I'm insatlling Plan 9 on two SPARCstation ELC with even 12 MByte Ram
> . I've got trouble when I try to start the authentication file
> system(keyfs). On terminal it prints out:
> 	term% auth/wrkey
> 	Password:
> 	onfirm password:
> 	auth/wrkey: can't open nvram

Terminals don't use the nvram, you'll have to boot your system as a cpu
server in order to setup the authentication server. There are more details
about this in the installation guide I wrote (available from the web site
http://www.ecf.toronto.edu/plan9/) but things will probably change a lot
when the next release is out.

Happy Holidays everyone,

	Steve