List:       9fans
Subject:    Re: SCSI support for PC, file server?
From:       Vijay Gill <vijay () gl ! umbc ! edu>
Date:       1994-02-08 21:27:34

On Mon, 7 Feb 1994, Gary Capell wrote:

> So does someone have a PC running as a file server somewhere?
> If it's possible to get a Plan9 cpu server, file server and terminal
> with three off-the-shelf PCs, it expands the possible market
> enormously, I think, which means more developers, which means more
> software, and support for more hardware, which expands the market,
> which...oh who am I kidding?

Ok, Forsyth has this exact setup up and running.  I can send out the
war story of his if you want.

Re: Market. I am not sure if going commercial with plan 9 will change
anything any more.  I wish it would, for then I would not have to
program or manage MS-Windows/X11 et al. when I go out to work.
The fact that I am paying for college by adminstrating large unix
boxen is annoying enough as it is.

Plan 9 is very nice but I am not sure if it can make it commercially.
MS-Windows: the stuff nightmares are made up out of.

vijay