List:       9fans
Subject:    no emacs in plan 9
From:       Dave Mason <dmason () plg ! uwaterloo ! ca>
Date:       1994-02-09 15:41:24

   Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 09:32:37 -0500
   From: gary@joyce.cs.su.OZ.AU (Gary Capell)

   acme is a better emacs than emacs, because it uses the mouse
   fully, and is a _tool_ that other programs can use, rather
   than a monolith.

Sounds good for mouse exploiters.

But what if I don't want to use the damn mouse?  Call me neanderthal,
but I'm not willing to slow my work down by a factor of 2 to use a
mouse.  Does acme support alt/control/shift key bindings?

(For reference, I touch the mouse maybe 5 times a day... all my
Xwindow focus, open, iconify, etc. are bound to key sequences.)

I'm not in love with emacs... in fact I detest many aspects of it, but
it's far better than all the other tools I have available... and it
lives on all the machines I have to use.

../Dave