List:       kde-cygwin
Subject:    Re: Unable to startkde
From:       Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker () freenet ! de>
Date:       2006-12-29 23:59:45

Jon Evans schrieb:
> I've followed the guide here
> http://webdev.cegit.de/snapshots/kde-cygwin/kde/kde3.4/
>
> The X server starts in full screen but bombs out trying to get kde
> running.   I get an error message in cygwin console:-
> /opt/kde3.4/bin/startkde: line 79:
> /opt/kde3.4/home/share/config/startupconfig
> No such file or directory

First, if kde stops starting really at this line you can comment out
this line and go on.

If you like to know what the reasons are, please try to run the
following commands by hand an report the results

ls $HOME/.kde/share/config/startupconfig*

-> there should be three files
/home/ralf/share/config/startupconfig
/home/ralf/config/startupconfigfiles
/home/ralf/config/startupconfigkeys

if not try run the following:

cat >$HOME/.kde/share/config/startupconfigkeys <<EOF
kcminputrc Mouse cursorTheme ''
kcminputrc Mouse cursorSize ''
kpersonalizerrc General FirstLogin true
ksplashrc KSplash Theme Default
kcmrandrrc Display ApplyOnStartup false
kcmrandrrc [Screen0]
kcmrandrrc [Screen1]
kcmrandrrc [Screen2]
kcmrandrrc [Screen3]
EOF

kstartupconfig || echo $?

There should be printed a value of zero

--> now the file $HOME/.kde/share/config/startupconfig should be there

cat $HOME/.kde/share/config/startupconfig

-> there shoule be content

If you take a look by yourself into the source to see what happens, see
http://api.kde.org/cvs-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kinit/html/dir_000003.html

Ralf